Thursday 30 October 2014

AW14 - Hot!Mess

This post is purely dedicated to Hot!MeSSI was very excited to see their new line 'We are all mad here' finally up and running for AW14 on the 6th October. As I followed this seasons lookbook I knew Founder and designer Tayla-Blue had excelled herself once again. After reading the new post on their blogTayla explains where her inspiration comes from and more. Here's what she had to say.. 

above:founder and designer Tayla-Blue

AW14 NAME-
"The name for the line spiralled from one of the inspirations behind the AW14 theme, Alice In wonderland. ‘We’re all mad here’ is a famous quote from the film, and the collection IS completely MAD so I thought it fits well."

PRINT NAMES-
"The print names normally reflect the print so well its hard not to know what it is, for example our AW14 lip print was called ‘DON’T GET LIPPY’. I just like them! They give the prints a bit of a character!"

FAVOURITE PIECE- 
"I would have to say the DA REEFA velvet leotard! I fell in love with it when I first saw it! It looks so sick on!! I'm not normally a leotard kinda gal but I will definitely be rocking it with some high waisted jeans this season!"

WHAT'S TO COME- 
"Lots of surprises.. but if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise would it? HOWEVER you should definitely look out for the new brand that’s on our website! It’s a new brand created and designed by me. It reaches an older audience, it’s more simplistic! But it’s amazing. You’ll love it!

- Okay so I assume you'll be wondering what this new brand is? It's called BAZIIC. The collection features minimal, clean cut, simplistic garments designed for the basic (but not so basic) people. purchase exclusively from www.hot-mess.co.uk

Instagram: @taayblue
Twitter: @taylabluee

I'm going to start with two of the lookbook images that caught my eye and made me really intrigued as to what was being offered to us this season from HotMess, modelled by the beautiful Tammy Dexter.


- firstly, wearing the DA REEFA leotard (£40) Tammy shows off the garments funky pattern. I love this design as the contrast between 2 simple colours bouncewell off each other. The pattern isn't to busy either which is always a good thing, so you know what you're looking at. 


- secondly, wearing MILEY PRINTED TEE (£30). This oversized tee is so edgy and the pattern really does remind me of Miley Cyrus with her sassy vibe. This could easily be worn with a pair of slim ripped jeans or even with black undershorts and white wedges. 


                - My top 3 picks of AW14 - 

        #1 - BLACK VELVET LEOTARD (£40).                


        #2 - MILEY EMBROIDED CROP (£38).


#3 - BLACK PANELLED VELVET LEGGING (£40)


HotMess is by far one of my favourite websites. The clothes are really edgy and they have their own aesthetic look whether it's patterns of letters, toys or random bits and bobs the design work into these garments are fresh and quirky. Please go and buy from their website it's so worth the price! 

Also includes men wear. 

To keep updated on new trends and more information follow HotMess on: 
Instagram: @hotmessclothing 
Twitter: @hotmessclothes 

peace and rainbows. 

                 Chloe.Hamon

No comments:

Post a Comment